I am available for private commissions. For commercial commissions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Most of my art is decorative/illustrative and usually includes celtic knotwork. Take a look at my art gallery for an idea of what I can do. Most of my work is traditional (acrylics), but I do some digital paintings.
Time Frame: Depending on the size and complexity of the piece, commissions can take from two weeks to two months. An estimate will be provided at the time of the request.
Rights: Private commissions do not come with any reproduction rights. If you are interested in buying reproduction rights or licensing rights please contact me at email@example.com.
Rates: The following rates are base prices. Actual prices will vary based on the complexity of the piece. Prices are listed in US dollars. I require a deposit to start, usually 50 percent.
Up to 5×7 inches $40-65
larger than 9×12 $250+
Information I need to start the commission
- An idea of what you want. Please try to be as specific as possible. For example, let me know if you want specific colors, symbols or animals in your commissioned painting.
- The size you prefer.
- What medium you prefer (acrylic or digital).
- Your contact information and name.
- Contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the information listed above. Once I have this information and accept the commission we will negotiate the final price and I will give a time estimate.
- Upon receiving the 50 percent advance payment, I will begin working on the first draft. I will scan the sketch so you can provide me with feedback. I will edit the sketch up to four times (more edits will bring the final cost of the painting up).
- Once final sketch is approved, I will begin painting. Once I have finished, I will again scan the painting for final approval. Changes at this stage are limited based on the design complexity and whether it is traditional or digital medium. But typically, I will not do more than two.
- After the final approval, the final payment is due. When it is received, I will send the art.
Thank you for your interest in my art.
Here is an example of a commissioned painting –